SEO Scholars Mentoring
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets
underserved public high school students to and through college- with a 90% college graduation rate.
If you're interested in applying to become a mentor, click here!
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will open May 1st, 2020 and will be reviewed starting in the middle of June and run through July.
- The deadline to apply is July 20th.
- Interviews will take place on a rolling basis from end of June through August
- Notifications will go out at the end of August/beginning of September
COVID-19 UPDATE: Although we are hopeful to return to in-person programming this fall, we will continue to monitor COVID-19 with the health and safety of our community in mind. Candidates are encouraged to apply online and will be notified of next steps accordingly. Whether online or in-person, we look forward to continuing to support our young people and execute our mission with the help of our amazing volunteer mentors.
Please reach out to Alli Casey with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
My mentor has given me several helpful pieces of advice with friendships, relationships, school, and family. I find it very helpful to have someone who can guide you and give you advice as well as enjoy different activities with you.
- Daysi C. 11th Grade SEO Scholar
What participants say
“Mentors have the opportunity to join this family and become both an additional cheerleader and an unbiased ear during one of the most stressful and confusing times for students.”
- Liz, 3rd Year Mentor